The Sales Manager is responsible for planning, organizing, directing and coordinating the activities of the sales function for an assigned division to effectively execute sales strategies that will maximize sales volume, drive targeted profitable growth and professionally develop the sales staff.
• Develop and implement comprehensive business strategies, and sales and marketing plans that complement the overall operating plan for the business unit.
• Develop the sales forecast and maintain accountability for sales goal achievement, including but not limited to respective key metrics and/or budget achievement.
• Direct a staff of sales, including responsibility for hiring, training and performance coaching and management; complete weekly “ride-alongs” with sales personnel to provide training and coaching.
• Assist with new customer solicitation, bid preparation and customer retention strategies.
• Meet weekly with sales personnel to review sales activity, customer retention and relationship activities, review sales performance compared to goal, production and training needs.
• Proactively contact assigned accounts to identify customer needs, changing requirements or potential issues and resolve accordingly.
• Participate with division leadership to develop and implement strategy to meet Company objectives.
• Maintain an awareness of market behavior and competitive trends in designated market to anticipate changing customer needs; pro-actively manage customer base.
• Demonstrates the ability for innovation and supports organizational change to enhance organizational effectiveness.
• Has the ability to identify the information needed to clarify a situation; seeks information from appropriate sources; has the ability to tackle a problem using a logical, sequential approach and can anticipate the implications of actions.
• Is self-motivated; maintains a feeling of pride in work; has a strong work ethic and strives to achieve all goals; is competitive and has a strong drive to win; takes appropriate risks.
• Is trustworthy and maintains the highest level of confidentiality at all times.
• Is high energy, friendly and engaging; has excellent persuasion skills; can persuade others to change their minds or behavior.
• Has a service orientation; is actively looking for ways to help people.
• Ability to foster teamwork and enlist the support and participation of others.
At Singer Equipment Company, we value each and every one of our dedicated staff and therefore are pleased to offer a competitive starting wage, a comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, short term and long term disability, 401K with company match, group life insurance, flexible spending, paid time off, and paid holidays.
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer