Singer Equipment is looking for a Network Administrator to join our growing team! Under general direction of the Director of Technology Infrastructure and Security, the Network Administrator’s role is to ensure the stable & secure operation of the Singer Equipment’s computer networks. This includes planning, developing, installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, securing, and optimizing all network hardware, software, and communication links. The person will also analyze and resolve end user hardware and software computer problems along with end-user training where required.
· Develop, implement, and maintain policies, procedures and associated training plans for network resource administration, appropriate use, security, and disaster recovery. Peform network design and capacity planning along with WAN and LAN management.
· Assist in the development of service level and security agreements with end users.
· Interact and negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure network products and services.
· Conduct research on network products, services, protocols, and standards in support of network procurement and development efforts.
· Manage servers, including e-mail, print and backup servers and their associated operating systems and software.
· Manage all network hardware and equipment, including routers, switches, and UPSs.
· Ensure network connectivity of all workstations.
· Practice network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information.
· Administer and maintain end user accounts, permissions, and access rights.
· Administer all equipment, hardware, and software upgrades pertaining to Singer's networks.
· Manage servers, security solutions, network hardware and equipment and ensure network is in working order.
· Run security tests, system back-up and recovery.
· Perform system backups and recovery.
· Monitor and test network performance and provide network performance statistics and reports.
· Recommend, schedule, and perform network improvements, upgrades, and repairs.
· Working technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and standards, network and PC operating systems including the Cisco product stack, Windows and Linux.
· Hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience.
· Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
· Understands and is familiar with the requirements and guidelines set forth in PCI DSS and ISO 27k series of documents and how it applies to the company.
· Strong written and oral communication skills.
· Strong interpersonal skills.
· Ability to conduct research into networking issues and products as required.
· Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
· Highly self-motivated and directed.
· Keen attention to detail.
· Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
· Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
· Strong customer service orientation.
· Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
Minimum Education/Licensure: Valid US Driver’s License required; Bachelor's or Associate's degree in the field of computer science and/or 3 years equivalent work experience preferred.
Relevant industry certification preferred including CCNA, CCNE, MSCE, CISSP.
Minimum Experience: Five (5) or more years of relevant experience.
Software Powered by iCIMS